Shea butter is a natural moisturiser, very versatile, nourishes and defends your skin; has been traditionally used in Beauty Care. Shea butter is extracted from Karité tree nuts (Vitellaria paradoxa) found in Africa. It has been used there for centuries for skincare and as a healing agent.
Benefits of Shea Butter
- Full of nutrients for the skin.
- Contains Vitamin A and has healing properties.
- Known to help in treating blemishes, wrinkles and dermatitis.
- Contains vitamin E which makes it an antioxidant.
- It is an anti-inflamatory agent.
- Melts on contact with the skin and is absorbed without leaving any greasy residues.
- Rejuvenates skin pores and adds elasticity to skin.
- Gives effective protection from sun.
Huftington Post Article
The American Shea Butter Institute
Shea Butter - Best for Skin
How to use Shea Butter